"Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!" ~*~Jane Austen

Friday, February 11, 2005

Raindrops on petals and whiskers on kittens, girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes--NAH...The following are a few of my favourite things

AAAHHHH....I'm back...the crazy week from hell is over...we have peace in Atika-ville for about a week and then its back to crazy, post-reading week madness. But for now I shall enjoy the bliss without thinking about the storm that this calm precedes. I finally got it! I finally got my own copy of the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. One of the best adaptations ever and one of the BEST (if not THE best) movie ever made. I'd like to thank Jane Doe 1,2, &3 (names changed for preservation of privacy) for giving me one of the best birthday gifts ever. Now all I have to do is be able to watch almost 6 hours worth of movie without too many interruptions. There's always someone hogging the TV so I guess it'll have to wait although I don't have that much patience. Owning my own copy of this movie is only second best to owning the novel its based on and owning all five Harry Potter books and owning the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. *SIGH* I'm in heaven. I thought I'd devote this post to my favourite things (not the favourite food type things 'cause I'd never know the answers to those kinda queries). I've already gone on and on about my favourite books and movie. I think I'll give you a taste of the best instrumental piece I've ever heard. Obviously, since this is my post all these things are subjective to my taste but you will have to agree with me that its one of the best instrumentals ever after you've heard it. It's called Jugal bandi and is by my all-time favourite band junoon (www.junoon.com). Here's a link to the instrumental piece. Enjoy! http://www.muziqpakistan.com/ref4.php?song=267 . I love the combination of the guitar, tabla and drums. Absolutely amazing. I'd try to tell you my favourite song but I'd never be able to pick from the numerous from across 3 continents so I won't try. And I promised myself I'd try to keep this one short so I'm going to stop now. I am off...And will wander away from my computer as soon as Jugal bandi stops playing...the end is the best part of the whole piece.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol can i plz be jane doe 1 :P..u know i am ;)

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Adante Salvagado said...

My favorite things have to do with art. check out my blog on painting: www.adamnisbet.com

http://thewanderingartist.blogspot.com

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home